MARINE & INLAND WATERS RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM 2021
After 36 years, 12 successful and productive symposia and thousands of participants, the Panhellenic Symposium on Oceanography and Fisheries enters into a new era. The new, MARINE & INLAND WATERS RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM continues the legacy of the older symposium, while keeping up with the new trends and state of the art scientific achievements in all fields of marine and inland waters research.
The MARINE AND INLAND WATERS RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM 2021 is supported by the HCMR Researchers Association and the Panhellenic Union of HCMR Employees and is organized under the auspices of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research.
The MARINE AND INLAND WATERS RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM 2021 aims to once again become a meeting point and opportunity for discussions, exchange of views and strengthening of social and professional relationships between researchers active in the Mediterranean, Black Sea and neighboring areas. Among the main priorities of the symposium is to offer to young scientists and students the opportunity to present the results of their research.
LOCATION – DURATION
The MARINE AND INLAND WATERS RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM 2021 will be held at the AKS Hotel Conference Centre in Porto Heli (https://www.akshotels.com/) from Monday the 14th until Thursday the 17th of June 2021.
The official language of the SYMPOSIUM is English.
Contributions (oral or poster presentations) should be relevant to the following general topics:
- Climate Change
- Non-indigenous species intrusion
- Physical and Chemical Oceanography
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning
- Marine Geology and Geophysics / Seismology
- Genetic approaches in aquatic sciences
- Fish, Fisheries and Fishers
- Management of Marine Biological Resources
- Ecology and Management of Inland Waters
- European Marine Policies Implementation
- Environmental Quality / Pollution
- Operational Oceanography – Deep-sea Observatories
- Marine Technology
- Research Infrastructures
- Underwater Archaeology
- Informatics in Marine Sciences
- Environmental Education and Awareness
The Organizing Committee invites contributions to the following Special Sessions:
- Microbial Ecotoxicology using –omics and classical approaches
- Science learning outside the classroom: excellence, creativity and recommendations
- Submarine Groundwater Aquifers, a scientific challenge of high socioeconomic impact, technological and scientific advances
- Vulnerability of freshwater ecosystems to multiple stressors impacts
- Anthropogenic Litter and Plastics Pollution
The scientific program will include key-note lectures by internationally renowned scientists. They will address issues that are at the forefront of scientific research on the topics of the symposium.
Round Tables will be scheduled with the aim to provide the floor for open discussion on current issues and hot topics with significant social impact. Keynote Lectures and Round Tables will be announced in the program.
Detailed instructions and the relevant template for the drafting of the contributions will soon be available on the symposium website (www.symposia.gr).
Paper submission November 15th, 2020
Early Registration December 31st 2020
President: Dr. Helen Kaberi
Vice-President: Dr. Paraskevi Κ. Karachle
Secretary General: Dr. Dimitris Sakellariou
Executive Secretariat: Angeliki Gkouvousi
Treasurers: Panagiotis Trachalakis, Valia Loukaidi
Dr. Nikos Lambadariou, Dr. Katerina Tsangaris
Marine Biology, Biotechnology and Aquaculture
Dr. Ioannis Negas, Dr. Costas Tsigenopoulos
Marine Biological Resources and Inland Waters
Dr. Aikaterini Anastasopoulou, Dr. Ioannis Karaouzas
Dr. Dimitris Kassis, Isidoros Livanos MSc, Alkiviadis Papageorgiou MSc, Dr. Anastasia Tsiola, Mrs. Marilena Tsompanou
IT support: Michalis Iordanis
Publications: Erietta Tzovara